Thursday, April 9, 2015

Things you need to know about the fundraiser!

Tickets to the Fundraiser

First of all, a big thank you to those who have signed up in advance and paid for their "ticket" to the April 30 fundraiser!  As a result, you will be able to bypass the line to get in to the event.  Be on the look out for a letter from me a week before the event with details, your wristband and your drink ticket.
 
For those of you who haven't signed up and paid for your "ticket" in advance, but are planning to, please do not hesitate!  The cutoff for advance purchase will be Thursday, April 23. Please contact me at valamoore@yahoo.com to make arrangements for payment to ensure your hassle-free entry the night of the event!

For those of you who haven't signed up and paid for your "ticket" yet, why haven't you?  Oh wait, you are one of those few people who enjoy standing in line and wasting your time. I get it. (Insert sarcasm here).

It is greatly appreciated and highly recommended to pay in advance. The Winestyles staff and I are extremely thankful because it helps us tremendously in regard to preparation and planning purposes.

Gift Bags
The first 50 people to purchase tickets (those of you who signed up in advance are already part of that 50) will receive a gift bag (one per person or one per couple if you are a couple) courtesy of Nandos Peri Peri Restaurant.

Raffle Tickets
Raffle tickets will be sold at the event - 6 for $5 or 12 for $10.  I will be walking around throughout the evening selling raffle tickets or you can find my mom who will also be selling raffle tickets. I suggest you buy them early and often because we have a ton of great items and a limited time in which to promote them.

Silent Auction Items
Silent Auction items will be displayed throughout Winestyles that evening and you will need to peruse the items and then make bids on the ones you are interested in. Believe me, there are a ton of fantastic items! In fact, I will be donating a lot of my own personal money that night for some of these items! The physical items that are up for auction (such as, but not limited to, a handmade quilt and various gift baskets) will be displayed. Where a gift certificate/card for services is being auctioned, you will not see the actual gift certificate/card displayed. The highest bidder which will be the winner of that auction will be given the gift certificate/card once the auction has closed.  Rest assured, I will have all of the items on the premises but to save space, they will not be displayed. Where applicable, a short description of what you are bidding on will be presented with the silent auction sign up sheet. Again, please remember, I am only able to accept cash and checks for the items at the fundraiser.  You also must be present to win.

Blog Posts
As the event gets closer, I have not been able to post as much as I have in the past and I apologize but there is much to be done to make this fundraiser successful and fun for all attendees! Please make sure to check back at prior blog posts because I will update them where warranted. For example, the restaurants and winery blog posts have been updated as new establishments have made donations. The spotlight posts are just little teasers for you - they are nowhere near inclusive of all that I have for the evening.

Thank You
While I have unfortunately not been able to spotlight every individual/business who has donated items for the fundraiser, I want you all to know that we have an incredible array of items that have come in and are continuing to come in. Remember to those of you who have promised and owe me items - they are due to me by April 15. I have made special accommodations for a few of you and you know who you are. I appreciate you adhering to this deadline because I have much more to prepare once I have your items in my possession.
 
 
At this point in time, I am happy to announce that I have heard from approximately 70 people who plan to attend and/or have bought a ticket in advance. I know that there are even more of you who have not personally told me you're coming but are planning to and I am so grateful!
 My heart is overwhelmed with such joy!
Thank you all!
 
 


Let’s strive to declare one number above all others – ZERO!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment