Friday, December 18, 2015

She makes him feel like Christmas.....





but to her, he is the epitome of all that IS Christmas.

"They say from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps."











'







The first true love any girl has is her father. No one will ever replace him as the love of her life.


At this time of year, I felt the need to just post pictures of my wonderful dad and me. My father has always loved Christmas and it is because of him and my grandfather, Carlton, that I, too, have loved Christmas my entire life. Last year was difficult as Dad was in tremendous pain and his cancer had just returned.  This year, while that pain is gone and the cancer is reaching its demise, Dad is in a state of exhaustion and weakness due to chemo. However, his spirit is still the same and it shines through and envelops all of us who are fortunate enough to know him.
May that same spirit of strength, determination, will, hope, faith and love - the spirit of Christmas - also surround you and yours.



Update: Dad's last PSA (in November) was at 11.7!! It's slowing down but it's still dropping. Please keep my father in your prayers. While the PSA is dropping, the chemo is harsher and its taking its toll physically on my father. Pray for strength and healing. Please also keep my mother in your prayers. The caregiver is often the silent hero and goes overlooked. She needs your love and support just as much as Dad does.

No comments:

Post a Comment