Tuesday, April 12, 2016

You have bought a ticket to a fundraiser!

You have bought a ticket to a fundraiser. The main goal is to raise money. I am raising money for the non profit in which I feel very strongly. ZERO's mission is to end prostate cancer! I share that same mission and while the money I raise may not be able to directly help my dad at this stage, it will help other men and enable us to realize Generation Zero sooner rather than later. My dad has battled this disease for 20 years with the last two years being the worst struggle yet. I don't want any other man to have to endure this battle.

You have bought a ticket to a fundraiser. I have approximately 50 raffle items and silent auction items. I am excited about the incredible items that have been donated from such a wide array of individuals and businesses for this cause. My goal is obviously to reach the value of each of these items and in some cases surpass the value. While I want each of you to enjoy these items and hopefully some of you will even get a "good deal", the point is to raise money first and if you get a good bang for your buck good for you! So bring lots of cash and open up those checkbooks! More importantly, open up your hearts!

You have bought a ticket to a fundraiser. You have also bought a ticket to a night full of fun, laughs, good food and drink, family and friendship. You have bought a ticket to spend a couple of hours showing an incredible man the overwhelming support he has surrounding him as he fights the battle of his life. While I may lead the official Denny's Shotgun Riders team, each one of you who bought a ticket has also become a part of that team in a special way. Thank you for riding shotgun with us and showing my dad he never has to fight alone!

Stay tuned to this blog in the next week or so for details on what happens next and what you can expect! Many thanks to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment