Friday, January 23, 2015

About the ZERO - Prostate Cancer Run/Walk 2015


ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer is a national nonprofit organization with the mission to end prostate cancer. As a leader in the fight against prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, encourages action, and provides education and support to men and their families. ZERO's premier programs include the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk, the largest men's health event series in America. ZERO is a 501c3 charity, a Better Business Bureau member and 98 cents of every dollar donated goes to research and programs. For more information, visit www.zerocancer.org.

The ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk – Capital Area features a 4 mile run/walk, 1 mile walk, 200 yard Kids Superhero Dash for Dad, and virtual Snooze for Dudes program. ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Capital Area has been part of the event series for eight years. With the hard work of ZERO, the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Capital Area grew to include more than 800 participants in 2014. The funds raised from ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Capital Area are invested around the country to provide research for new treatments, free prostate cancer testing, and educate men and families about prostate cancer.



On Father's Day, Sunday, June 21, I’m taking part in the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk in honor of one of my best friends, my hero, and the strongest and most loving man I know – my dad, Denny Moore. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1996 at the age of 47; a huge shock for him, my mother and myself. Over the last 19 years, his cancer has come back five times and he has kicked its ass each time, always keeping a positive outlook. I will do everything in my power to keep him happy and continue to help him fight this wretched disease.

Being team captain for “Denny’s Shotgun Riders” is a true honor and the absolute least I can do to not only support my dad but help others fight and prevent prostate cancer.

No donation is too big or too small and you can designate your contribution in memory of a loved one, or in honor of a man now battling prostate cancer. I’d also love for you to join my team and walk/run with me on Father’s Day. Becoming one of “Denny’s Shotgun Riders” would be a true honor and mean so much to me and my dad.

If you want to help me keep families together and save lives by doing our best to put an end to prostate cancer, then click on the link below to go to my personal fundraising page.  Help me put an end to the suffering of prostate cancer that strikes nearly 240,000 men each year and kills nearly 30,000 others! No donation is too big or too small. Every penny counts!

http://www.zeroprostatecancerrun.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1127720&lis=0&kntae1127720=2CB8BF5FDAB84DDB9C5F9ADC8DEB97B9&supid=417434731

No comments:

Post a Comment