Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thank you to Chateau O'Brien at Northpoint Winery!

It's only appropriate that the first spotlight post be on the first business to commit a donation to my silent auction:
 
Chateau O'Brien at Northpoint Winery


 
Within an hour or so of posting the link on Facebook to my personal page for the walk, I received a generous donation from Howard O'Brien, the owner of Chateau O'Brien and a man I am honored to call "friend".
 
 
Howard made an online donation and, when I graciously thanked him, he said he wished he could do more. Well, ask and ye shall receive, my friend!
 
At that point in time, I hadn't nailed down the details for the fundraiser but I had ideas in my mind, so I informed him there would be a potential fundraiser if he wanted to help out.
Without a second thought, he said he would be more than happy to donate an:
 
  exclusive private cellar wine tasting
for four people!!!
 
 If you are the lucky winner of this silent auction item, Howard will guide you and three of your friends through an exclusive wine tasting in his family's private wine cellar where you will spend an hour exploring more about the winery's viticulture and winemaking processes, while sampling a superior flight of not-yet-released wines and a selection of artisan meats and cheeses!
These wines are only available for purchase by private cellar guests!
 
There is so much I could say about this winery and Howard.
I have visited the winery many times and enjoyed each and every visit as if each time were the first. While I would love for you to bid on this auction item, I highly recommend visiting Chateau O'Brien regardless!

Last Fall, after much prodding by people we had met at the winery, my friend, Maurine, and I decided to make an appointment for the private cellar tasting. 
Now, I am the one who is encouraging every wine drinker I know to make an appointment for this unique tasting!
 

 
I love wine. I love learning about and tasting new wines. I love visiting new wineries. 
I love the landscape. I love meeting new people (most of the time). I love being out in nature.
The photographer in me is also always up for a wine adventure.
 
 
Chateau O'Brien is one of my absolute favorite wineries in Virginia. Without a doubt, I feel as if Howard has the best reds on the east coast (Sorry, my heart lies in Napa).  I admit, when I first visited, I was taken aback by the prices but after trying the wines, I knew that they were worth every penny! This place is absolutely exquisite in every possible way.
 
If you are fan of wine and you live within an hour (or even two) of Fauquier County, an afternoon at Chateau O'Brien should be a must on your winery bucket list.
 

 If you want an experience you won't forget, then I highly suggest you find three of your closest friends and bid on this silent auction item! If you can't find three people to go with you (well, then they are crazy but that's a different story), then I promise you, Maurine and I will be more than happy to tag along. You won't need to twist our arms!

 
 

A big heartfelt thanks to Howard for being the first to donate an item for my silent auction and showing his tremendous support for me, my family and Denny's Shotgun Riders!
 

 
 
To read more about my adventures to this wonderful winery, click on the links below:
 






No comments:

Post a Comment