Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Birthdays should be celebrated!

I love birthdays. No, I mean I LOVE birthdays.

My birthday is in September and I celebrate the entire month. I do something special - even if it's something small - every single day. I love my life and am so grateful for the life that I have been given.

I also love celebrating the birthdays of those people I love.  I never understand why people dread birthdays. Who cares how hold you are? Celebrate YOU and be happy that you are still here and able to celebrate! There are many friends and family of mine who have passed and I would give anything for them to be here to celebrate another birthday.

On June 1, Dad turned 66 years old, and we definitely celebrated! Because of Dad's chemo schedule, we had to be creative in how and when we celebrated but that didn't stop us!

On Memorial Day Monday, we had lunch at Firebirds and enjoyed half-price bottles of wine.

 

On Friday, May 29, we celebrated at our happy place (where we had the awesome fundraiser a month earlier), with dinner, wine and incredible friends who are like family.

 
 





 
My little "sister", Jocelyn, even surprised Dad with waiters singing "Happy Birthday" and cake!





Do not count the candles but notice the light they give.
Do not count the years; look at the life you live!




At Dad's request, we continued the celebrations on birthday eve at his favorite local Mexican restaurant, El Charro!



I've always believed that birthdays aren't about gifts or where you are but it's who you're with that makes celebrating special and memorable.


 
As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.”
― Criss Jami


 


"The first true love any girl has is her father and no one will ever replace him as the love of her life."
 
Happy Birthday to my first true love, my hero, the man with the biggest heart and the strength of a warrior. I'm so honored and blessed to call you my friend and my dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment