Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pre-Fundraiser Auction - Chris Tomlin concert tickets!!!


This is an opportunity for you to win an auction item BEFORE the
 fundraiser, but you have to act fast!

This Saturday, March 21, the Love Ran Red Tour, is going to be at the Patriot Center on the campus of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Chris Tomlin is the headliner and Tenth Avenue North and Rend Collective (amazing in their own rights) are opening. The show is sold out!


In 2013, the year my ladybug passed, my parents and I saw Chris Tomlin for the first time at the Patriot Center. I have always enjoyed his music and Prowler even sings to one of his songs!  At a time when my heart had just been broken and my soul torn to pieces, worshipping with Chris and listening to his uplifting music helped the healing process. I cannot begin to explain what an experience it was for all three of us – one I’ll never forget and one which made such an impact on me.  So much so, that last fall, when I heard Chris was coming back to the area, I bought tickets for the three of us and surprised my parents with tickets as a Christmas gift.

At that point in time, little did we know our world would be in a state of upheaval when it came to concert time.  We are unable to go to the show this Saturday and I am reaching out to all of you to give you an incredible experience. The show starts at 7pm and the tickets are in Section 114, row AA (that is the first row of the section!), seats 10, 11 and 12.   

I paid $131 for the tickets and could easily try to sell them, but I am not concerned about recouping the costs. I would like for someone to go who will enjoy the concert and someone who needs to be at this concert as much as I needed to be two years ago. Chris’ music was such a blessing to me and my family at a time when we needed it most. I can only hope that for someone else on my behalf. For those couple of hours, our faith was renewed, our hope in humanity was restored and our hearts were full.

Not only is the concert worth it just for Chris alone, but I was thrilled out of my mind to find that Tenth Avenue North, who is also one of my favorite Christian bands, was opening for him!! Tenth Avenue North could headline its own tour so this is such a treat to have them both together. Rend Collective has a Mumford-and-Sons-gone-Christian sound which I really enjoy also. (I love a good banjo!

So.... here is your chance to become part of an incredible night and be able to help promote prostate cancer awareness at the same time. Instead of asking for someone to pay me for the tickets, I am asking for you to make me an offer I can’t refuse and the highest bidder will get the tickets with their bid being a donation ZERO- the End of Prostate Cancer through Denny’s Shotgun Riders! No offer is too low or too high. I’m not trying to make money off of this – I simply want someone to sit in our seats and do us proud.  Whatever monetary amount I do receive will be a donation in my dad’s honor. If $25 is all you can afford, I’ll take it! Every dollar counts when it comes to fighting prostate cancer and it would warm my heart to know that you are having such a fantastic experience at the show!

So let’s get started!! You only have 2 days until the show!

While I have 3 tickets if you only want 2 of them, that’s fine.  Just shoot me a message on FB or at valamoore@yahoo.com and let me know! I have the tickets electronically and will easily be able to get them to you with no problem.


With nine albums, 12 No. 1 radio singles, a Grammy and eight additional nominations, three Billboard Music Awards, 21 Dove Awards, a platinum and four gold albums to his credit, Chris Tomlin is among the most well-known and influential artists in contemporary Christian music. Tomlin’s “How Great Is Our God” was his first No. 1 on the CCLI Top 25, moving to No. 1 after becoming one of the fasting rising modern day hymns in CCLI chart history.
In addition to having sold more than 5.3 million albums and over 8 million digital tracks, Tomlin made history as his single “Jesus Messiah” (Hello Love) garnered 97 adds at radio its first week and skyrocketed to No. 1, making it the biggest ever add date in Christian radio history. Burning Lights, debuted at No. 1 atop the Billboard 200 in January 2013, making history as only the fourth Christian music album to do so!

I’ve attached some links so that you can hear some of my favorites of each of these artists and their popular radio hits:

Chris Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4NFvI5U9w   Amazing Grace – My Chains are Gone (the only version of Amazing Grace that moves me and the reason why I had it played during my grandmother's funeral)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKLQ1td3MbE How Great is Our God (his most well known song)




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFybpgasv4 – And if our God is for us ( so powerful live!)
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg&list=PL1g_9I78e25Tw9YDNlfcnB_HqF-c3F94S – Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (great anthem)



Rend Collective








Tenth Avenue North






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcVTbyJqis – Losing (should be played in all schools! - a lesson in tolerance)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulKcYItKIA – Worn (my absolute favorite - reaches my soul every time I hear it)



If you know these artists, you are well aware of what fantastic music they make. If you aren't aware of them, you need to be!!
Turn on WGTS 91.9FM any time of the day or night and odds are within the hour you'll hear one if not all of them!
Good luck on the pre-fundraiser auction and God bless you all!


As of 8:50 pm on March 19....
We have a winner! ! Heather and Oliver Ballard have donated $110 to Denny's Shotgun Riders and in return scored awesome Chris Tomlin tickets!  As sad as I am that my parents and I can't go, my heart is so full that Chris fans (who have never seen him before) are going to do our seats proud and made an instant donation to help fight prostate cancer! !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment