Friday, March 11, 2016

The magic of photography!

In planning and soliciting for donations from businesses for last year's fundraiser, I was so overwhelmed and humbled at the amount and variety I received. One thing that I was hoping for but didn't receive was photographic services of some sort.


I have had a love for photography my entire life. I worked for a photography company during college and shot numerous weddings on my own in the early 2000s. I am truly in love with my Nikon. I fought the digital age when it happened because I loved the raw appeal of actually using film. I finally succumbed and got a digital Nikon and, of course, I don't know how I lived without it.


I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and if I try to paint I get more on me than on the canvas. Capturing moments in time through a lens is where I get creative though. Let me grab my Nikon, a pair of sunglasses, and off I go - nothing better. Easiest way for me to lose track of time with a smile plastered on my face.

Recently, engagement photos of my friend Sarah and her fiancé, Hugh, showed up on my Facebook page and I was in awe. Not only were they beautiful, but they were unique and they captured the love between the two of them in such a raw way. I instantly had to ask Sarah who was responsible for these photos!
Call it fate, call it what you will. Thanks to that one inquiry, I now have made a new friend in Christyal and she is graciously donating her talents to help raise money in support of my dad and the family members she's lost to the dreaded "C" word. The winner of this auction will receive a gift certificate for an hour session of unlimited shots, including up to four people with a location to be determined. (Specific details will be included with the gift certificate.)

"I love taking photos. I had a camera in hand all the time at all the events since I was young. I became a photographer in college six years ago. I would photograph different events such as fashion shows, pageants, modeling events and Homecoming. When I graduated college is when I started to truly develop my own style. My favorite thing to photograph is people I meet on the street. I enjoy meeting the people that are less fortunate or just overlooked. You can find those photos on my website under the category "Street". I also love to create. I like to try new things/ideas, doing things that are out of the box.  I want people to see my work and fall in love ;not look at it as if it's just another photo. I want it to leave a lasting impression that is positively impacting."
- Christyal Rood


I am truly honored to have Christyal represented at my fundraiser this year!
Check out her website here: http://www.christyalphotography.com/














No comments:

Post a Comment